Setting up a secure client file portal with Sync
A client file portal allows you to send, request, and receive files and documents with ease, right from any web browser. Clients, customers, and external stakeholders can upload, download, and view files in their own password-protected portal, and those files can be synced directly to your desktop. Sharing and collaborating with a client file portal is a better choice over email attachments because:
- It’s easy to access and share large files and folders full of files
- Clients get their own secure login
- Clients do not have to create a Sync account or install software
- Files and folders in the portal can the synchronized to your desktop, keeping things more organized and productive
- You get instant email notifications when files are accessed
- With Sync Solo Professional and Sync Teams Unlimited, you can optionally customize the file portal with your own company logo and brand colors for a more professional, trusted experience
Creating a client file portal with Sync:
- Sign in to the web panel.
- Create a brand new folder by clicking New Folder on the right side of the Sync web panel. You should create a separate folder for each client.
- Create a link to the folder by hovering your mouse over the folder and clicking the Share button, and selecting the Share as link option.
- Click the blue Link Settings button.
- Under Link Settings set a Password. Your client will use this password to access the file portal.
- Under Link Settings enable Uploads Permissions. This will allow your client to upload / send you documents and files.
- Under Link Settings enable Email Notifications. You will be notified whenever there is activity in the file portal.
Giving your clients access to their own file portal:
- Follow the steps above to create a separate folder for each client.
- While you are still signed in to the web panel, click the Files menu option on the blue menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Hover your mouse over the client folder you created previously, and click the Share button.
- Select the Manage link option.
- Click the Copy button to copy the link to your clipboard. You can then paste it into an email (Gmail, Outlook, Office 365, Apple Mail etc.), into a message, onto a website, or wherever you want people to access it.
Adding your logo and branding to the portal
This feature is available on Solo Professional and Pro Teams Unlimited plans.
- Sign in to the web panel.
- Click your email address (or display name) on the top right corner of the blue menu bar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Edit beside Custom Branding.
- Click the Browse button and choose a logo file from your computer or device.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.