Sync allows you to use either your email or the Google Authenticator app on an Android or iOS device to add an additional layer of security to your account.
To begin setting up Two Factor Authentication:
Click the Enable 2-FA via email link to enable email authentication. For email authentication Sync uses the email address linked to your account, so no further steps are necessary.
The next time you try to log into the web panel log in you will be emailed a six digit code.
2. In the Authenticator app press ‘Begin setup’ to begin, then select ‘Enter provided key’
3. In the Sync Web Panel, click ‘Enable 2-FA via Google Authenticator’
4. Enter the key provided in the Web Panel into the Authenticator app and press ‘Add’
*Note Ensure you select Time based keys*
5. The Authenticator app will display a six digit code that refreshes approximately every 20 second.
6. Enter the six digit code displayed in the app into the Sync Web Panel and press ‘Save’. It will then be enabled.
The next time you log in you will be prompted for a two-factor authentication code. Enter the six digit code as displayed in Google Authenticator, or that has been emailed to you, and you’ll be authenticated.