How do I install Sync?
Once you’ve signed up for Sync you’ll need to install the desktop application (client) on at least one computer.
Downloading the App
Download instructions are provided during signup, or you can download the desktop app by clicking the download link located at the bottom of the Sync.com website.
Installing the App
- Download the desktop app installer to your computer.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double click the sync-installer.exe file. Click Run if prompted. If you’re using a Mac drag the app to your Applications folder and run it from there.
- If you’ve already signed up via the website select Attach to my Existing Sync Account. Otherwise, if you don’t yet have a Sync Account, select Create New Sync Account.
- Click Next.
- If you already have an account (or you signed up via the website) type in the email address and password associated with that account. If you’re new to Sync, type in the email address and password you’d like to use for your Sync account.
- Choose a Sync folder location. For example, to place your Sync folder on your Desktop, click Browse and then navigate to your Desktop.
- Enter a name that allows you to easily identify each computer, such as Kitchen Computer or Dave’s Laptop. This is helpful if you plan to use Sync with multiple computers. Click Next.
- The installer will then create a folder titled Sync in the location you specified.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.